| 221 Sansome Street, Third Floor|
San Francisco, CA 94104
914 Thirteenth Street|
Modesto, CA 95354
Stephen C. Ferlmann is “of counsel” with Macdonald Fernandez. Mr. Ferlmann’s practice began in his native Illinois in 1990. There, he developed a reputation as one of Illinois leading collection attorney’s, co-authoring the chapter on collections for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education and lecturing on collection related topics for various organizations including the Illinois Banker’s Association. In 2001, Mr. Ferlmann relocated to California and began practicing exclusively on creditor’s rights, collections and bankruptcy matters. In 2004, he established the Ferlmann Law Firm and represented financial institutions, banks, and credit unions among other creditors throughout California in state court and bankruptcy matters. In 2008, he was appointed to the panel of Chapter 7 Trustees for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California. During his tenure as Trustee, Mr. Ferlmann administered thousands of estates recovering millions of dollars for creditors. Mr. Ferlmann joins Macdonald Fernandez with thirty (30) years of creditor’s rights experience.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Creditor’s rights
- California, 2001
- S. District Courts for the Eastern, Northern, and Central Districts of California
Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois; Juris Doctor, 1990
- Editor, Southern Illinois University Law Journal
- Author, Does the Illinois Medicaid Program Meet Title XIX’s Requirement That States Provide “Medically Necessary” Services? Southern Illinois University Law Journal, Vol. 14, Fall 1989, pp. 83-102. Reprinted West’s Social Security Reporting Service, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 3-22.
- Member, Richman National Moot Court Team, 1990 (Region VIII Champions)
- Best Oral Advocate, National Moot Court Competition Region VIII
University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana; Bachelor of Arts, 1987.
Member, Golf Team